You just received a call from the Showing Center requesting a showing in 30 minutes.
BY: IMAGES MONEY
What to do? Here’s a list of 20 things you can do quickly to spruce up your home:
The Pre-Showing Checklist
- Clear off kitchen counters. Put dish drainer away. Wipe countertops.
- Put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Collect glasses/dishes that may have accumulated in other rooms.
- Run the garbage disposal.
- Take out kitchen garbage.
- Clean stovetop.
- Make sure all house and car keys are out of sight.
- The same for credit card bills, personal information, medications, and jewelry.
- Remove or organize normal daily clutter such as mail, newspapers, etc.
- Fluff pillows on sofas and chairs.
- Make all beds and arrange pillows.
- Make sure all laundry is appropriately stowed in a hamper.
- Check bathroom towels and change if needed.
- Clear off bathroom counters.
- Put toilet lids down.
- Turn on lights and open blinds.
- Empty litterbox.
- Make sure the temperature is comfortable.
- DO NOT LEAVE ANY CANDLES BURNING.
- Make arrangements for Fido- either take him with you or crate him.
- Check to see if a quick dusting or vacuuming is necessary.